Genesis

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@pastorofthesims)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Genesis 3:15

15 And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; it shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.

This prophecy refers to the virgin birth of the Lord Jesus, and also the victory that will be obtained over the devil. {see I Corinthians 2:8 and Colossians 2:15}

Genesis 12:3 (see also verse 7)

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curses you: and in you shall all families of the earth be blessed.

This refers to the fact that salvation was now made available to all families of the earth through the sacrificial work of the Lord Jesus Christ. {see John 3:16}

Genesis 17:7 (see also verse 19)

7 And I will establish My covenant between Me and and you and your seed after you in their generations for an everlasting covenant to be a God to you, and to your seed after you.

In Hebrews 9:11-14 it is documented that the Blood of Christ has secured for us an everlasting covenant.

Genesis 21:12 (see also Genesis 22:18)

12 And God said to Abraham, Let it not be grievious in your sight because of the lad, and because of the bond-woman; in all that Sarah has said to you hearken to her voice; for in Isaac shall your seed be called.

God clearly identifies the line through which Christ would come. {see Romans 9:7-9}

Genesis 28:14

14 And your seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and you shall spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in you and in your seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed.

The Blood of Christ shall redeem peoples of every kindred, tongue and nation. {see Revelation 5:9-10}

Genesis 49:10

10 The scepter shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and to him shall the gathering of the people be.

This scripture identifies the tribe through the Lord Jesus would come. {see Revelation 5:5-6}

Share: