Isaiah

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@pastorofthesims)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Isaiah 2:2-3

2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD’s house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above hills, and all nations shall flow to it.
3 And many people shall go and say, Come you, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and He will teach us of His ways, and we will walk in His paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

This prophecy speaks of the 1000 year reign of Christ in the earth – Revelation 20:4

Isaiah 6:9-10

9 And He said, Go, and tell this people, Hear you indeed, but understand not; and see you indeed, but perceive not.
10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

This prophecy is concerning the parables that the Lord Jesus would have spoken unto the people. {see Mark 4:34}

Isaiah 7:14

14 Therefore the Lord Himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call His name Immanuel.

This is concerning the virgin birth of the Lord Jesus. {see Matthew 1:18-25}

Isaiah 8:14

14 And He shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

This prophecy was confirmed by Simeon when the Lord Jesus was taken to the temple as a young child. {see Luke 2:34-35}

Isaiah 8:18

18 Behold, I and the children whom the LORD has given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwells in mount Zion.

This prophecy was fulfilled when the Lord Jesus gave power to His disciples to tread on the enemy. {see Luke 10:19-21}

Isaiah 9:1-2

Nevertheless the dimness shall not be such as was in her vexation, when at the first He lightly afflicted the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, and afterward did more grievously afflict her by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, in Galilee of the nations.
2 The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them has the light shined.

This prophecy was fulfilled when the Lord Jesus heard that John the Baptist was cast into prison. {see Matthew 4:12-16}

Isaiah 9:6-7

6 For to us a Child is born, to us a Son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
7 Of the increase of His government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from hereafter even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

This prophecy was confirmed in its fulfillment by the angel that spoke to the shepherds that were abiding in the field at night when the Lord Jesus was born. {see Luke 2:8-14}

Isaiah 11:1-2

And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
2 And the Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon Him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

One of the elders in heaven confirms this in Revelation 5:5. In the Gospel of Mark 1:10 the Spirit of the LORD comes to rest upon Him.

Isaiah 11:10

10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and His rest shall be glorious.

Revelation 5:5 confirms the Lord Jesus as the root of Jesse. In Matthew 11:28-29 the Lord Jesus offers rest to both the Jews as well as the Gentiles.

Isaiah 22:22

22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

The Lord Jesus confirms that He now has this authority in Revelation 3:7.

Isaiah 26:19

19 Your dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, you that dwell in dust: for your dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.

Matthew 27:52-53 gives the account of the fulfillment of this prophecy.

Isaiah 28:16

16 Therefore thus says the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believes shall not make haste.

The Apostle Peter confirmed the fulfillment of this prophecy in Acts 4:10-12.

Isaiah 29:13

13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near Me with their mouth, and with their lips do honor Me, but have removed their heart far from Me, and their fear toward Me is taught by the precept of men:

The Lord Jesus confirmed the fulfillment of this prophecy, by the attitude of the Pharisees and scribes. {see Mark 7:5-9)

Isaiah 35:5-6

5 Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.
6 Then shall the lame man leap as a hart, and the tongue of the dumb sing: for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert.

The performance of this prophecy is confirmed by the Lord Jesus when He spoke to John’s disciples. {see Matthew 11:4-6}

Isaiah 40:3-4

3 The voice of him that cries in the wilderness, Prepare you the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
4 Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:

This prophecy was fulfilled by John the Baptist. {see Luke 3:2-6}

Isaiah 40:11

11 He shall feed His flock like a shepherd: He shall gather the lambs with His arm, and carry them in His bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.

In the Gospel of John 10:11, we understand that the Lord Jesus is the Good Shepherd.

Isaiah 42:1-3

Behold My Servant, whom I uphold; My elect, in whom My soul delights; I have put My Spirit upon Him: He shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.
2 He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause His voice to be heard in the street.
3 A bruised reed shall He not break, and the smoking flax shall He not quench: He shall bring forth judgment to truth.

The fulfillment of this prophecy is seen in the Gospel of Matthew 12:18-21

Isaiah 42:7

7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

The performance of this prophecy is confirmed by the Lord Jesus when He spoke to John’s disciples. {see Matthew 11:4-6}

Isaiah 45:23

23 I have sworn by Myself, the word is gone out of My mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That to Me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

This prophecy is in respect to every one eventually having to give an account for their lives before the Lord Jesus Christ. {see Romans 14:9-12}

Isaiah 49:2

2 And He has made My mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of His hand has He hidden Me, and made Me a polished shaft; in his quiver has He hidden Me;

The Apostle John confirms this when he describes the Lord Jesus in the Book of Revelation 1:16.

Isaiah 49:5-7

5 And now, says the LORD that formed me from the womb to be His servant, to bring Jacob again to Him, Through Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and My God shall be My strength.
6 And He said, It is a light thing that you should be My servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give You for a light to the Gentiles, that You may be My salvation to the end of the earth.
7 Thus says the LORD, the Redeemer of Israel, and his Holy One, to Him whom man despises, to Him whom the nation abhors, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the LORD that is faithful, and the Holy One of Israel, and He shall choose you.

This prophecy shows that the Lord Jesus would have been rejected by the Jews. But indeed will be Lord of the entire earth. {see Matthew 23:37-39 and Luke 2:32)

Isaiah 49:8-10

8 Thus says the LORD, In an acceptable time have I heard you, and in a day of salvation have I helped you: and I will preserve you, and give you for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages;
9 That you may say to the prisoners, Go forth; to them that are in darkness, Show yourselves. They shall feed in the ways, and their pastures shall be in all high places.
10 They shall not hunger nor thirst; neither shall the heat nor sun smite them: for He that has mercy on them shall lead them, even by the springs of water shall He guide them.

This prophecy describes the work of the Lord Jesus. {see Luke 4:18-19}

Isaiah 50:5-7

5 The Lord GOD has opened my ear, and I was not rebellious, neither turned away back.
6 I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting.
7 For the Lord GOD will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.

In the Gospel of Matthew 26:67 the fulfillment of this prophecy is documented.

Isaiah 52:14

14 As many were astonished at you; His visage was so marred more than any man, and His form more than the sons of men:

This prophecy describes the appearance of the Lord Jesus as He was put to death. {see John 19:1-2, Mark 15:19, Matthew 27:26}

Isaiah 53:1-12

Who has believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
2 For He shall grow up before Him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: He has no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see Him, there is no beauty that we should desire Him.
3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquinted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from Him; He was despised, and we esteemed Him not.
4 Surely He has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem Him stricken, smitten of God, and afficted.
5 But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquites: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.
7 He was oppressed, and He was afflicted, yet He opened not His mouth: He is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as sheep before her shearers is dumb, so He opens not His mouth.
8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare His generation? for He was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgressions of my people was He stricken.
9 And He made His grave with the wicked, and with the rich in death; because He had done no violence, neither was any deceit in His mouth.
10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise Him; He has put Him to grief: when you shall make His soul an offering for sin, He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in His hand.
11 He shall see of the travail of His soul, and shall be satisfied: by His knowledge shall My righteous servant justify many; for He shall bear their iniquites.
12 Therefore will I divide Him a portion with the great, and He shall divide the spoil with the strong; because He has poured out His soul to death: and He was numbered with the transgressors; and He bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

This prophecy describes the whole plan of salvation, where the Lord Jesus would be crucified for our transgressions. {see Matthew 27:30-31, Luke 23:33, I Peter 2:21-24}

Isaiah 54:13

13 And all your children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of your children.

This prophecy refers to the time of the 1000 year reign of Christ on the earth – Revelation 20:4.

Isaiah 55:4-5

4 Behold, I given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people.
5 Behold, you shall call a nation that you know not, and nations that knew not you shall run to you because of the LORD your God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for He has glorified you.

This prophecy is fulfilled in that those chosen by the Lord Jesus have become a holy nation. {see I Peter 2:9}

Isaiah 59:16

16 And He saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore His arm brought salvation to Him; and His righteousness, it sustained Him.

This prophecy was fulfilled when the Lord Jesus realised the extent of the unbelief of the people. {see Mark 6:5-6}

Isaiah 59:20

20 And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and to them that turn from transgression in Jacob, says the LORD.

The confimation of this prophecy being fulfilled is documented in Romans 11:26-27.

Isaiah 60:3

3 And the Gentiles shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising.

This prophecy is yet to be fulfilled, it is further documented upon in Revelation 21:24.

Isaiah 61:1-3

The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD has anointed me to preach good tidings to the meek; he has sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
3 To appoint to them that mourn in Zion, to give to them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that He might be glorified.

The Lord Jesus used this prophecy at the beginning of His earthly ministry showing its fulfillment. {see Luke 4:18-21}

Isaiah 62:11

11 Behold, the LORD has proclaimed to the end of the world, Say you to the daughter of Zion, Behold your salvation comes, behold, His reward is with Him, and His work before Him.

This prophecy is concerning the return of the Lord Jesus Christ and that He will be coming with rewards for all of His faithful servants. {see Revelation 22:12}

Isaiah 63:2-3

2 Why are You red in Your apparel, and Your garments like him that treads in the winefat?
3 I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with Me: for I will tread them in My anger, and trample them in My fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon My garments, and I will stain all My raiment.

This prophecy speaks of the judgment that is to fall upon the ungodly. {see Revelation 14:10-11, Revelation 19:13-21}

Share: