Daniel

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@pastorofthesims)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Daniel 2:44

44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

This prophecy gives the ultimate destiny of Christ and those who follow Him. {see I Corinthians 15:24-26}

Daniel 7:13-14

13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought Him near before Him.
14 And there was given Him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve Him: His dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and His kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

This prophecy gives the ultimate destiny of Christ and those who follow Him. {see I Corinthians 15:24-26 and Revelation 21:24}

Daniel 9:25-26

25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem to the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not Himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and to the end of the war desolations are determined.

This is the only prophecy where the timing of the manifestation of the Lord Jesus Christ is given. The commandment to rebuild Jerusalem was given to Ezra by Artaxerxes in the Book of Ezra 7:11-16. It is believed that this was done in 457 BC. The total time for the Messiah to come is given symbolically as 69 weeks ( 69 x 7 = 483 years).

Since there is no zero year, this will work out to 27 AD, the date when Christ was baptised. Hence, this prophecy was also fulfilled by the Lord Jesus.

Share: